Tuesday, July 7, 2009

the book

I love to carry my Bible. I like it when they are thin with black leather. I got one when I graduated high school from my church. It feels cool to carry. I also like this camo Bible that I have mainly because its translation gives me footnotes on words and meanings. However, this one doesnt feel as cool, its not as small and sleek like my other Bible. I also have this study Bible that my mom gave me awhile back. It is nice. Two different kinds of leathers and a built in commentary. I like to often read the commentary on what someone else thinks about about what im reading. This bible is alot thicker though. Not as slick and thin as the others.
Bibles are made to look sweet. They have to or else people wouldnt carry them. Some of them even look like magazines. I have one of those too. Its nice. Modern english translation, easy to read. I read the book of Acts in it and was amazed. I loved it. But take the Bible for what it is. Its not the book, but its the life it holds. Adventure, war, life and death, grace, the Messiah, its awesome. And when we forget to put oursleves in this new adventure and life that God has given us through His word we miss out. We miss out on Spirtual insight. We miss out on the blessing of His story. I dont know of a better encouragement to give to you today than to tell you that I love you and to take some time and read the Bible. Regardless of what the cover looks like or what translation it is, its your call, read what you want, do it. If you are a believer, you need it.
As a band we are great. A few small changes and some written music have brought us along to solid ground and we have been blessed. We still have some growing to do but pray for us on that. Pray for the events to come with BCM at our church that we are leading out in and for the rally down in Edgewater at the end of the month. Also I, Todd, am getting married in four days! Its been a crazy ride God has taken me on, but I am so thankful. Finally, pray the Bible into our songs and ministry. We want nothing more than to glorify our Lord with the words we sing and we want scripture to be the foundation for that. Thanks for the time. Love you all. Jesus Peace.
th

No comments:

Post a Comment